View Single Post

Old 05-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Veteran member
Default Complaints and Negativity

A lot of the posts I've been reading on this forum lately are either a complaint about something or a pet peeve comment or some other kind of belly-ache hooey. Crime, poor restaurant service, poor food, speeders, bad drivers, children in the community, dog poop, yapping dogs, dogs in general, noisy neighbors, trains, too much development, not enough development, lack of distinctive architecture.....yada yada yada. Its wayyyyyy too negative people and I, for one, am tired of it. And with THAT negative comment, I will have posted my last negative one. I'm taking a happy pill with a beer chaser and I'm gonna make nice with the big kids in the school yard. I don't want to become a cranky, difficult to please, stubborn ol' coot. I've got a lot of "hav'in a great time" bunch o'days ahead of me and I'm not worrying and complaining about small stuff. Yeah, and it's all small stuff. Read the book with that title if you haven't already. Learn something. It's an imperfect world.........and we seniors should have learned that by now. Happiness is a mind-set. What's between YOUR ears?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL