View Single Post

Old 10-26-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
As many of you know, my daughter is a server at Olive Garden. It seems that lately people have been leaving notes on checks rather than tipping (this started after OG started putting recommended tip amounts). Some of these comments have included, "Trevon Martin got no justice so you get no tip." "Thanks to Obama, I'm losing my Medicare so you get to lose your tip." "I only make 10% on my annuities so I'm not giving you 18%." and so on and so forth. I've never heard of such small-minded petty comments before.

I understand that some people don't believe in tipping and, I guess, that's up to them but to blame a server for the politics of a state or the general economy is just plain mean.
I know what you mean my daughter is a server at Magnolia Oyster bar. She shucks buckets of oysters and gets 50 cent tip. I always tip over 20% to make up for all the cheapskates who dont. Servers get paid 3 to 4 $ an hour. They work real hard. Please tip your servers! No more notes too! That is just rude and you are punishing a hard working person.