View Single Post

Old 06-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Founder
Default Re: Please tell us about your profession!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsman
Not sure. I have spent most of my career on Long Island first, then Okinawa during the Vietnam War and for the last 27 years in New York City doing on-air news. Now, I'm a public affairs show producer and host. Like you, I am fascinated by other people's professions. I know a little about your career. Very impressive! Maybe we can get together for coffee when we visit again in September. We can talk about "the good old days of radio."

Have a great day.

Newsman
I'd love to have coffee with you when you are here. I am writing this in Paris, France, but leave for London tommorrow then on to Southhampton and board the Queen Mary for the trip to NYC. Just finished a trip through Belgium, Poland, Slovakia, The Czech Republic, Germany and
France.

Although I have not worked regularly in New York City, I was there often and two very good friends of mine worked there. Both were roommates years ago. Del Demontreaux and the late Bob Fitzsimmons. Many of the NBC and ABC radio guys are friends of mine. Don't know too many CBS people anymore. Stay in touch, send me an email where are on your way here.