View Single Post

Old 11-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,683 Times in 1,782 Posts

I have suffered from rhinitis due to allergies most of my life. About 20 years ago I started flying commercially frequently and began to develop 5 or 6 sinus infections per year which required antibiotics to cure. A friend recommended I see her homeopathic healer who gave me a remedy which caused my nose to run. She also advised me to obtain a Neti pot and instructed me on how use it. After awhile I stopped the remedy with her permission. I recall needing to use antibiotics to clear up a sinus infection only twice since I started using the Neti pot. It has served me well almost 20 years!

A few years into this I was visiting my physician for a yearly check up and commented to him how I had been using the Neti pot and had stopped suffering sinus infections. He told me to go ahead and use it if I felt better but not to use it if I had an active nasal or sinus infection. Since he seemed to dismiss the Neti pot having anything to do with my lack of sinus infections I suggested he check my records, the before and after. On my last visit to him about a year ago he sneezed a few times, apologized, and commented that he had run out of salt packets for his Neti pot so had not been able to use it that day!

BTW, my daughter admonished me to first boil the water I use for at least one minute to avoid the possibility of infection from the brain eating amoeba Naegleria Fowleri now in some of our water systems.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 11-04-2013 at 10:06 AM.