View Single Post

Old 07-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Default Re: Retired couple from Bel Air Maryland considering relocating to The Villages.

Yes there are snakes, bugs, and alligators in the Villages.....they are virtually the same snakes you have in Maryland. My lot backs up to 220 acres and I have seen one black snake in two years and I am an avid gardener. Snakes are not an issue!!! Alligators, yep I've seen them several places. I moved from a rural area in South Georgia and we had ALLIGATORS!!!! Alligators do not like people and will avoid them. Now if a small dog is running around the edge of a pond might be considered prey to one but they are very benign if left alone. I've jet skied and water skied in a lake with alligators. As to the bugs....far fewer than I thought there would be. Yes we have the love bugs for two months a year but there is almost a constant breeze here so the bugs are not obvious. I've rarely been bitten by a mosquito or annoyed by a black fly. There are none of the things in the creepy crawly specter that would be an issue. The only issue is a good tee time in the winter LOL. The villages is a 10+, Come on down!!!!!!