View Single Post

Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Sage
Default There are lies and then there are half truths too!

I've been eating 3 jumbo eggs (Eggland's Best) per week for the past few months to give my iodine consumption a boost. I have one on Mon., Wed., and Fri..

There's no doubt that eggs are rich in certain nutrients. No one that I know of has ever said otherwise. Eggs are high in cholesterol but eggs also contain lecithin and lecithin helps the body dispose of cholesterol.

Having said that, I have some reservations:

1) What if a person has high cholesterol? Should they still be eating eggs because someone said that eggs don't raise cholesterol? It may depend on how many cholesterol receptors you were born with in your body. If you were born with lots of cholesterol receptors, you might be able to eat lots of eggs without raising your cholesterol. But if you have too few cholesterol receptors, you might not be able to get away with it.

2) Notice that the article put no limit on egg consumption. That sends up a red flag that it might have been sponsored by the egg industry. Also, nothing was said about cancer or other degenerative diseases. There are studies that show an increase in degenerative diseases as the consumption of animal protein increases.

So, you have to ask yourself: "Are they replacing a 'lie' with a half-truth?" Studies have shown that your risk for cancer will go up as you increase your consumption of animal protein.

To be continued tomorrow: I'll talk about "A calorie is a calorie."