View Single Post

Old 07-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: I'm curious where the Talk of The Villages members and guests live

Oshunluva:

Absolutely no regrets. My friends in St. Louis thought I'd gone off my rocker when I told them I was moving to Fla, but most of them think Florida is high-rise million-dollar condos along the beach, so they didn't (don't) understand.

I've made more and better friends here in my two-plus years than I ever really did in my 42-plus years in the same house up north. Yes, there are undoubtedly cliques, but there are so many activities, clubs, like-minded people that you can always find compatible folks.

There are 16 homes with 29 people on my cul-de-sac. We get together every first Friday and have a great time. The entire street gets along very well, and I have three neighbors who vie to take care of The Cat when I travel (which is fairly often).

I suppose I should note that I do NOT play any of the games that consume folks here, so I'm a bit "off the wall," perhaps, but that certainly hasn't been a detriment to my enjoyment of the place. Sure, it helps that my brother lives near by (not in The Villages) and his friends (they live at an airpark and everyone has a hangar bigger than the house) provide a wonderful change from the frequent conversations about golf - I only have to listen to conversations about their flying activities!

Hope you're coming soon and that you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Steve