View Single Post

Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Children in The Villages

One of the things that I love about Tall Trees is that we have an ADULT pool. I spent many years at the beach and at pools worrying about other people's children who were left out of control for hours!

There are certain covenants about children and I do know that if you have a special needs child and you are of the age (55+) you can live here and that child can reside with you.

No child under 18 is supposed to live here except on a less than 30 day "visit" with family. I have heard of people who, due to circumstances beyond their control, inherited grandchildren and they had to move from the Villages.

A certain percentage of the homes here must be made available to people under 55+ due to some "legal" restrictions on the developer.

I moved here because I loved the lifestyle and I didn't plan to raise or watch anyone else's children or grandchildren. I cannot believe the size and age of children who wildly drive golf carts around. Shame on nanny and popop!

Another reason to love courtyard villas. Walls keep it quiet and having no open ended streets usually keeps everyone except residents out of the neighborhood.

I LOVE children in the right time and place and the Villages Adult Pools is not one of those places. I think it is great that families get together and visit grandparents and I hope that someone of the adults will keep control over the youngsters!