View Single Post

Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Default Re: Question for Village Golfers

Thank you for the information. Hope to be there soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyofaDeb

I think it's all in what your expectations are and the means in which you would like to golf. During the months of February - Easter golf is sought out throughout the state of Florida. The Villages is a part of Florida and is made up of numerous golf courses so it stands to reason that a round of golf would be harder to come by at that time of the year however it depends on how you golf. If you are a single golfer you can pick up unused tee times and play just a bout everyday "if" you are flexible. I think that the tee times system is the most equitable I've ever seen. Requests get honored based on your play history instead of a first call first serve basis. So everyone has a chance to play! You can not beat the cost of golf anywhere in the state. Outside of The Villages you are going to pay $100 or more per 18 holes. In The Villages as a homeowner you pay an Executive Trail Fee on a yearly basis or 6 months and you pay NO greens fees on the Executive Courses. On the Championship Courses you can buy an enhancement that gives you priority for tee times on the Championship Courses and reduces your greens fees. It also enscopes the Executive Trail Fees. I personally love it! I have been living in Florida since 1992 and have never played as much golf as I have since I moved to The Villages in December of 2006. I have found my home! I love it here and so does my hubby! My kids think we've hit the jackpot! They are so happy that we chose to live here and they love to visit! You'd be crazy not to move here! Be sure to go to the "Good Golf School". You'll learn a lot about Golf in The Villages and you can ask a lot of questions and expect good answers! Also check out a new website www.golfthevillages.com you'll get a lot of questions answered there as well! Best of luck in your decision making! ;D