View Single Post

Old 07-11-2007, 03:33 AM
Default Re: What do you like least about the Villages

Absolutely love the villages and would live there longer if the government would let me (I'm a Brit and am restricted to 6 months)

Pet Hates. Driver who don't know how to drive a circle - if you are in the outside lane you are exiting at the next exit !! therefore you can't get cut across !! if you are going further around the circle you use the inside lane and move to outside when you want to exit (using your turn signal) - Village drivers don't ever hire a car in the UK and drive like you do in the villages - you will probably die within a day !!

Restaurants that close at 9pm - GRRRR - also don't take reservations meaning you wait for ages till gone 8 o clock and then the place closes down around your ears !!! Most places in the UK don't even OPEN till 7 o clock ...why does everyone have to eat so early !!!

Never heard of anyone being restricted on what they put in their yard - I live in country club hills and some of the yard decorations are really quirky and fun - for all you new folks take a ride over to the hysterical (historical) side and see bigger lots and big trees - the best pool - the best (and cheapest) course and lots of relaxed friendly folk.

Slight pet hate - Lack of awareness - people will stop and chat in a doorway whilst you are trying to get past or in the middle of an aisle in Publix etc. it happens quite a lot - also people who ignore the one way system in the publix car park on Bichera Blvd.

Everything else is just fine - however (nothing to do with the villages) I find USA bureaucracy and lack of flexibility and form filling to be absolutely horrendous !!

Sorry I've rambled on - cheers all - continue this chat at the Tikki Bar at OBH between dec-may