View Single Post

Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Default Yard Waste Pickup

I have a real issue with the new rule around disposal of yard waste. The issue is that we were able until recently to use garbage cans to collect trimmings of shrubs, etc. and set out on the day of the pickup, they would be dumped and the homeowner would retrieve the cans from the driveway. Now we have to make a new purchase of biodegradable bags for this waste. It seems that it would be much better for the environment and less cumbersome to not have all those bags in the landfill, not to mention the cost of the bags for homeowners. I suppose this is the American way, a few folks ruin things for everyone just by not retrieving their cans after they've been dumped, if this is the real issue for the developer. Whatever happened to using Neighborhood Watch to enforce the retrieving of the cans and if not write them a citation and enforce it, but then again they would have to step out of their air conditioned vehicles. I see Neighborhood Watch folks riding around in air conditioned vehicles regularly and as they pass by they don't even look left or right, or acknowledge you, so what are they really doing other than spending our monies. It seems as though this developer is more like a dictatorship rather than making this a "hometown community" as it was billed when we moved here.