View Single Post

Old 11-11-2013, 08:38 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you Jack and everyone else for your kind words.

I've been very blessed and as you know, I never solicit remarks like this, so when they come I'm very thankful. For folks to take the time out of their busy life to post responses like these is very humbling.

There are a good amount of Home Inspectors out there. A few others I know are very good, and I recommend them when I am not available. Others sadly I would not recommend. I know there are some out there who seem to overbook. They care more about getting to the next inspection then concentrating on YOUR house.

I watched one the other day inspect a home across from the home I was inspecting. I was surprised to see he never went on the roof, and I do not think he went in the attic. He was at the home for 49 minutes, and I saw him hand a one page report to the homeowners with check marks on it.

As he was leaving I waved hello to him and spoke to him for a minute. He complained about the job and some other stuff. I wished him the best.

While I would never divulge his name, I know he is not the only inspector out there like that. He charged less then me, but I honestly do not think anyone could do a complete inspection in 49 minutes. Of course, some folks would be happy with the price, etc. That is fine.

I think The Villages builds a good home. That being said, I do find some strange things sometimes, and I do find issues both on the roof and in the attic quite often. Because I do this everyday, I have learned to look in certain places in certain models. As a retired Professional Firefighter, I am used to walking on roofs and around attics.

Because I have a pension, I do this because I love to, not because I need to. I enjoy teaching folks how to care for their Florida home. If you are from up north, you may not know how to care for your A/C or sprinkler system. Because I only book two inspections a day, I am never too busy to listen to your concerns and help in any way I can. I am an ASHI Certified inspector, many others are not. I'm very proud to have achieved that standard.

Sorry for my long post. Inspecting is a passion of mine and I get carried away sometimes. I really only wanted to say thank you for the kind words.

Respectfully, Frank