View Single Post

Old 11-11-2013, 10:17 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Great question.

There are many issues typically found. On a stucco home I find a lot of vertical and step cracking. I also find bath vent problems, etc.
On the roof I sometimes find damaged shingles and even some lead flashing problems around some vent pipes.
I also find light fixtures not caulked properly, grading issues and sometimes gutter/downspout issues.

In the garage I find cracking around the window, along the garage doors and ceiling and walls. Sometimes safety issues with the garage door openers.

Inside I find drywall cracks along ceilings, inside around the windows, etc. In kitchens and bathrooms I find countertop and cabinet defects, and cracks in the grout in the flooring and especially in the shower area. Missing caulk around sinks that in time can damage the countertops, etc.

I also find pocket door problems, shower door problems, upper mitre cracks in the trim, etc.

I sometimes find issues inside the electrical panel box like double taps, etc, and many times I find issues with missing insulation in the attic.

Occasionally I find leaking toilets, defective tub spouts, etc. Often I find problems with the sliding glass patio doors.

I also find strange things, like loose doorknobs, doorknobs installed backwards so you can lock people in but not lock people out, weatherstripping problems on exterior doors, etc. I've also found problems with the A/C ductwork, where the supply and the return ductwork was switched.

I find cracking in the lanai , flaking stucco in the thresholds and brown spotting on the lanai ceilings.

Of course, even though the sprinkler systems are only warrantied for 30 days, I usually check them because I find broken sprinkler heads, etc.

This is by no means a complete list....just some of the things off the top of my head. I apologize, as it is late and past my bedtime so my posting skills are a bit dulled by the late hour. I get up at 6:30am and will be at tomorrows inspection by 8am......good night my friends....

Respectfully, Frank