View Single Post

Old 07-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Your thoughts about this please

A lot of "bickering" does go on between the historic side and the newest sides of the Villages. It is simply nonsense. We bought here in Tall Trees 23 months ago but are involved in recreation programs over in Orange Blossom Hills. Yes, over there at this time, the average age is a bit higher than this side. That is simply because as baby boomer's retire, they are buying newly built homes and they are over hear near 466. In 20 years we will be the "old fogies" and there will be new younger people over at OBH and Country Club, etc.

OBH was original and was manufactured homes at one time. Some snooty folks don't want to even thing about living in a Village/manufactured home. We have the same issue over here South of 466 but it is a designer...villa...issue. Some folks who bought ranch or designer homes think that anyone in a Patio Villa or Courtyard Villa is not "desireable"! Amazing what a few bucks can do to a person's attitude.

We love our Villa and have friends in Village homes which are lovely. Life is what you make of it and you can live anywhere that you feel good. I love the Villages and sometimes feel that I am doing something illegal by enjoying my life so very much.

Let negative comments roll off you like water off a duck and enjoy the lifestyle! Come join us at the villages, regardless of what type home you find suits your needs!!!!