View Single Post

Old 07-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default For Me (And Friends We Have Here) There's Nothing Not To Like About TV

To answer your question, my guess is that many of the quick resales are the result of people buying a Villages house before selling the house they're moving from, finding that they simply can't afford to carry two (or three) houses. Of the seven houses on our cul-de-sac alone, two of our neighbors have had houses for sale for over a year. We feel extremely luck to have sold ours in the Chicago 'burbs after seven months of trying.

I asked our sales rep the same question before we moved to TV. "Is one Village better than another and do people move in and find they don't like it?" Her answers were that she "sits" open houses in every Village and she finds it uniformly common that the neighbors come to the open houses, telling her to get them some "good" new neighbors because their Village is the best in the whole community.

But do some people move after only a short time? Our rep answered, "Sure. There are always grouches who don't like something (or everything) about where they're living." She explained that the difference here is that people are so up beat and happy about their homes, neighbors and TV in general, that they have little tolerance for the grouches, giving them even more to be grouchy about.

I have found the answers provided by our sales rep to be dead on. I would tell you with no hesitance, don't wait even one more day before getting down here and buying a home. It really is "Florida's Friendliest Hometown".