View Single Post

Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Finely thread I can take interest in and yes it should be brought back from the dead for us car guys which don't look like too many at the villages?

I turned 16 in the mid 60's, When muscle cars was the rage. My first car was 56 Chevy hard top. Guy I brought it from was going to VN. Gave 500.00 for it money that I had saved for 4 years working in grocery store and on farm. This car was already set up as hot rod. trans planted bored 283, 4 speed, pleated interior, cragars, cheater slicks, bumper and splash pan removed jacked in the front (before the jacked in the back came popular, I don't know why I thought it looked stupid raised high in the back?).

I was in hot rod heaven with that car. My first drag race was against another 56 chevy. was waxin his #22 till I hit third gear and the clutch blew. Had to walk for three weeks was my last race for awhile cause I couldn't afford to fix it or did I want to walk any more cause I threw my bike in trash. Yes the guy made it back from VN.

I sold the car after Graduation and brought me brand new left over 69 GTX now that I was out of school and working at Rock Quarry making big bucks $2.95 hour in summer 70. How many of us wish we would of kept our first car?