View Single Post

Old 07-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: questions about hidden monthly cost and fishing

There is a fresh water fishing club and an ocean fishing club here in the Villages. We had a bass boat in Virginia but unfortunately, we sold it before our move. Could have used it here. I understand there are a lot of "catch and release" programs here.

As for free golf, that really isn't totally true. The Championship courses have regular greens fees. The Executive courses have a trail fee for golf carts. Thus, no "free" golf for life. Never will understand the ad but I guess it sells houses.

The Championship courses require a Priority Membership for a discount. It is about $800 a year, just like joining a club where you live probably. To have the membership for golf, tennis and pools, it costs a bit more. Back in Virginia, we paid over $1k for golf membership.

The neighborhood pools are free. Only the pools attached to country clubs/championship golf courses are closed to all except piority members and residents of that particular village.

The local pools are great. A few of the Country Club pools have bars or jacuzzi's but no big deal to me.

You can probably get he greens fees from the recreation department on line. They are lower than open courses in Virginia but I don't know how they compare down here.

Best of luck. I personally feel that you couldn't find a better place to retire. You will see that no one grows old in theVillages. We might have birthdays but life here keeps us all much younger than we are. I can testify to that personally. I am much more active here than I was n Virginia.