View Single Post

Old 11-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Sage

Some people don't have a concept about money as they tend to spend it all and will keep on looking for to get more, like a reverse mortgage. A friend of mine's dad is in his lat seventies and did spend all his money, took a reverse mortgage and spent that. Now, he s in the fantasy mode because his expects my friend to bail him out, as he is a saver and dad knows he has a few dollars. something is wrong with this picture.

If you haven't already, I would suggest that you have a serious talk with your husband about how you both view money. Some people believe in saving for a rainy and want to leave their kids something. Some people have a let to good times roll type attitude. This can be very stressful until you come to a meeting of the minds and hopefully, that is before you go broke.

I would also suggest that you take control of the finances and put him on a budget before you wind-up in serious financial problems.

There is a saying, "some people look good, smell good and are broke". People need to keep appearance without money are only fooling themselves. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).