View Single Post

Old 07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Default Re: questions about hidden monthly cost and fishing

I didn't find any "hidden" cost when we relocated to TV. I believe the sales office presented an open and honest cost estimate with the packet that is provided. There is an awful lot of information to digest and it is wise to ask lots of questions and take notes because it is difficult to remember everything that is told to you.
Being from up north the only cost that I find different here in the south is for pest control. The area around/under the foundation is treated for termites but you still need to maintain a yearly contract for that. Our's is with the contractor that did the original treatment, Massey, which cost $120 per year. We also have LeeCo for lawn pests which cost us $67 bi-monthly and we also use LeeCo for the household pest control which cost $48 bi-monthly. It cost us $60 each month to have the lawn mowed and then you also have to pay for the irrigation. As for the golf it really is free when you use the executive courses. Yes you do have a yearly trail fee which cost $141.24 per year but if you choose to "walk" the course you don't have that cost at all. My husband and I love living here in TV and though not everything is perfect this place is the closest your ever going to find to living in Pleasantville.