View Single Post

Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Default Re: WHY SO MANY RESALES LISTED THAT SAY BARELY LIVED IN?

Hi Diskman,

I'm a snowbird (or a rain bird) from the UK limited to only 6 months in the USA by Federal Rules. I would love to be full-time but have to maintain 2 homes ..so I bought a manufactured home on the east side of 27/441 - I have visited lots of folks who have bought new homes and I'm continually surprised how little they get for their money - a standard courtyard is very small in comparison to my place - as for being looked down upon ..I seriously don't think that happens - I have lots of parties and folks come from as way down south as Liberty Park and they love it in my house - they sit out on the rear deck and watch the golfers go by and really enjoy the views of the golf course ....golf course veiw lots on the south side are eye-wateringly expensive ..my last party before we left in the spring we had 50 people ...try doing that in a courtyard villa.

I guess what I'm saying is ..check out all the options and really evaluate what you get for your hard earned bucks ...to get the facilities and space and view that i've got would cost you 3 times as much on the south side.

A UK friend of mine just bought a lake view villa ..just off Morse and his place cost him 2.5 times what mine did for less space - OK so its a stick built ranch...but thats only wood !! has about the same strength as a manufactured (not mobile trailer types) block and stucco homes are stronger but the tornado that came thru ripped those guys to shreds too - what about the church on 27/441 - that was a hurricane shelter - I've been here 4 years and never experienced any serious problems with hurricanes ..my neighbour across the street has been here more than 20 with no problems !!

Good luck with your move to the Villages - you are gonna love it - pop up to the Tiki Bar at the OBH pool and buy me a beer sometime.

Cheers