View Single Post

Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 AM
Default Re: questions about hidden monthly cost and fishing

Picking up on a few things that other folks have replied.

I have a boat (not a pure fishing boat - an 18 foot bowrider Starcraft with a Mecury Force 120 on it) I use it for wild life watching (my wife loves that) fishing and just cruising around. There are an enormous number of interconneted lakes and rivers very close to TV - head down 27 about a mile to where the strange looking castle thing is and make a left towards Harbour Hills country club ..when you reach the gates of HHCC make a left down a small hill this dead ends into Pine Island Fish Camp - about a 5 mile trip from my house. They have a ramp into Lake Griffin - 3 bucks - plus tackle and bait shop etc. can alo get beer burgers etc. once in Griffin you can get almost to Orlando from there Lakes Harris/Eutis/Dorra/Beauchamp North up the Oklawaha through 2 dams you can reach the St Johns and go all the way to the ocean !!! There is a good fish camp on 42 just before the Oklawaha Bridge - Blue Heron Cove ...Nelsons fish camp on the other side of the bridge is a bit run down. Also 4 big free public ramps in Venetian Park off the Old Dixie Highway in Leesburg.

The fishing club is fun and meets once a month with a guest speaker and they also arrange trips !! as do the deep sea fishing crowd - I also fish the flats over at Crystal River for Spanish Mackeral, Trout, Redfish etc. Thats about an hour and a half towing a boat to the ramp right at the end of 44.

One reply was slightly wrong - you do not get pool rights at the country clubs if you are a resident of that village. If you don't play too much golf don't bother with priority on the championship courses - you can always play on them if you want to it just costs between 10-15 bucks more green fee - just use the executive courses and walk ..they won't cost you a penny (except of course for the amenity that we all pay) they are great fun don't last too long 1.5 hours is standard for 9 holes therefore don't dominate the entire day. Walking will aslo keep you fit.

If you want pool priveleges at the country clubs you can get that for about 80 bucks ( I think ) check with the country club membership office.

I almost forgot - one of the Villages rules is that you can't park things like RV's boats etc. in plain view from the road ...some folks do and they seem to get away with it but if someone complains the villages will make you move it - that can be a pain if you have to store it in one of the staorage yards and have to go and collect it and drop off every time. So when we bought a house I made sure we bought a place with a massive double carport - I had it all screened in and sliding doors on the front so nothing inside can be seen from the street ...my boat on it's trailor plus car buggy etc now live in the big c/port.

Hope some of this helps if you've got any more questions would be glad to help mail me on mikegreen1946@hotmail.com - I'm in TV Dec-May ..lets go fishing !!