View Single Post

Old 07-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Default Re: questions about hidden monthly cost and fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC
My wife and I are planning on moving to the villages when we retire. My wife really is looking forward to retiring( school bus driver who could blame her) I"m not very good at golf and don't really play that much, but I can catch fish, I love to fish. How close is the lakes, large enough to use a bass boat. My next question is what are the hidden cost to living at the villages? IE property taxes house insurance, assessments, recreation fees(I know the golf can't be free) Any information would be helpful. Thank you.P.S. The only thing I like more then fishing is participating at my church, but I didn't see a Baptist church listed.
Hi Buc,
I'm not sure where you are moving from but we found real estate taxes to be comparable to the north but we don't have any income taxes! Outside of the monthly fees that you already know about, its pretty much low cost living in TV. Of course, Women forget how to cook when they get here so you need to budget for a lot of outside dining!

I also love fishing and found it most fun to fish the "flats" on the golf coast. A lot of fish, 45 minutes away with a lot of variety. The freshwater fish club is good and always looking for boats but its kind of cliquish. Also, where I'm from (Minnesota) you catch fish every trip. Here you can work hard and may not catch anything. That said, the bass are huge down here so when you do catch one, its a lot of fun.