View Single Post

Old 07-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Default Re: former Californians or anywhere on the west coast of the USA please rspond

I lived in SoCal for 50 years and moved to Florida 12 years ago. The humidity is tolerable, but it does take some getting used to - luckily, it does not happen all at once. But then, where I lived in SoCal, the HEAT was so bad you were inside your home, car or swimming pool as often as possible anyway - and we do that in Florida too! Weigh it against the benefits of living in Florida:
Clear skies
GREENERY!
No SMOG
Beautiful winters! (No Snow)
Even with the SnowBirds, it is never as crowded as it was in SoCal - just more friends to enjoy!

If I ever move back it will be because of my children, grandchildren, etc. - not because of the weather.
(Of course, we DO have some windy days here - but the ground is VERY SOLID - no quaking, shifting, moving, etc. - which never really bothered me in SOCal, but others may not feel the same way!)

We came to TV two weeks ago, on a mini-vacation - and to see why our friends liked it so much. We extended our stay from four to seven nights and bought a home! Now we will do as others have done and try to sell our "other" home!

We fell in love with the friendliness of the people (ALL of them! In spite of what you may find elsewhere in this site!), the activity selection, the cleanliness, and EVERYTHING we saw. We went out of our way to talk to as many of the residents as we could and always asked "What do you NOT like about the Villages?" Our only "negative" reply was from one person who missed their children and grandchildren (we all do, but they can still visit, and will be more inclined to, after seeing all the "Fun Stuff" they can do here).

Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!