View Single Post

Old 07-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Default Re: BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

What your going to read next is the truth....you can't make something like this up!!!

I went to a funeral for a distant acquittance of my husband and I. I took "St Joseph" and asked my husband to stop at a Catholic church on the way home so I could have it blessed. We were talking to a couple we knew prior to the start of the funeral and I was tellling them about stopping off to have "St Joe" blessed. She said she was told by a member of her church that any member of the church could bless the stature with some holy water and with that, she reached into her purse and pulled out a small vial of ................yup, you guessed it........ holy water!!!! I asked her why she kept holy water in her purse and she said "Haven't you heard the stories of our house being haunted????" "When ever anything out of the ordinary happens, I take out the holy water"! With that, she took the stature, made the sign of the cross with the holy water and blessed my St Joseph right there at the funeral! (I told you, you can't make that up!)

Ok, here's my question to all you Catholic's out there......Will that work or should I still take it to the church to have it blessed by a real Priest? I'm serious!