View Single Post

Old 07-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Send a message via MSN to funnygirl
Default Re: I would like to hear from some former west coast people, particually calif

We moved from Alameda, California. Just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We loved our home in Alameda but my new husband retired and there just was not a whole lot to do that you didn't have to drive to through awful traffic at any hour. I worked in Palo Alto as a nurse and faced a 2 1/2 hour commute each way. At first my husband wouldn't even consider Florida. He was a former Air Force pilot and was stationed in Florida years ago and remembered the heat and "The Bugs". He did agree to come here for a "Looksee" and we both loved it.
We are not in the least sorry for the move. The lifestyle is fantastic. People are very friendly. We are a walking/ talking commercial for TV. We visit our kids in California frequently but are delighted to come home.
I have a friend that moved to Las Vegas from California. You know it's been way over 100 degrees there for weeks now. She has visited us here and has her home up for sale. She wants to move here and is ever so sorry she went to Las Vegas first.