Thread: Neighborhoods
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Neighborhoods

Now this may have some of you laughing and quite frankly, if I read this, I kind of laugh too but I figured you are all nice enough to give me your comments. And I realize there is really no way to know but wonder how others have coped!

How do you pick the right neighborhood for you!!!!! We like Sumter Landing vs. Spanish Springs. So, this is the area our sales rep shows us when we visit. Of course, he steers us in the direction of new homes and not resales. We are thinking about both, new vs. resale and probably would use an agent outside TV if we decide to look at previously owned homes.

Anyway, reading these posts and some of the problems about neighbors, etc; how do you know what you're getting yourself into!!! We are social people but not "party type" people. A person who lives in TV told me there are two types of neighborhoods; one where they have parties if someone changes a lightbulb and it's just one big drunk feast nightly; and the other where they will have nice social gaterhings once a month or so.

We don't want to be in an atmosphere where it's party, party, party and no privacy. We're anxious to meet new people and have friends but we want nice times, not "drink" fests every night.

Has anyone moved into a neighborhood where you realize it's not for you?

I know, there are other things to worry about but this crossed my mind after reading some of the posts about "not the ideal neighbor".

If we want to stay in the Sumter Landing area, what is the neighborhood we should be looking at for convenience, etc. We're looking at designer homes.