View Single Post

Old 07-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Default Re: What About Flood Insurance?

Having lived in Florida for over twenty years, I have had friends and neighbors who experienced hurricane damage. I can assure you I would never get caught without flood insurance even when I do not live in a flood zone. The problem is the Insurance companies try every way to get out of settling a hurricane damage claim even with the extra premium we pay to cover the high hurricane deduction. If you have hurricane damage without flood insurance, it seems the Insurance companies claim damage was caused by water - not wind. Therefore if one does not have flood insurance then the Insurance company has a way out. This happens over and over again. Insurance claims in Florida due to Hurricanes has been so costly for the Insurance companies they really make every effort to get out of paying. Yet people still fail to get the flood insurance. It is underwritten by the Federal Gov't. and is so inexpensive. Have you ever heard of a hurricane without water or flooding? Hurricane insurance only covers damage caused by wind. Pay the low flood insurance rate and have some piece of mind.