Thread: Neighborhoods
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Neighborhoods

I think new neighborhoods might be best for you. Everyone here in Tall Trees moved in about the same time as it opened in August 2005. I live in the Cherry Vale Villas and take my word for it, there are all kinds of people here. If privacy is a big issue for you, the courtyard villas would be my recommendation. These re the ONLY homes in the Villages with fences and actually ours have stucco walls around them and then "plastic" fences between the villas. Gives you the utmost privacy.

New vs pre-owned, I don't know. Sometimes being a second owner you get a lot of advantages and might even have your bond paid by the current owner.

I think every neighborhood has party animals, get-togethers, and keep to themselves type of folks. Here in Cherry Vale, about 14 of us get together once a month to celebrate the birthdays for that month. There are about 72 villas in the neighborhood and there are other groups that get together as well. We have a Ladies Social Group for all of Tall Trees and they meet once a month and talk about what's new; have guest speakers; ice cream socials; bingo, etc. Lots' of games and fun once a month.

I do believe you are better off using a non-Villages realtor for the pre-owned homes because my personal feeling is that TV staff will try to steer you to the new homes because that's the ones they need to sell.

I wish you the best of luck. Suggestion, list what you absolutely HAVE TO HAVE in your new home; how many bedrooms; baths; office; size garage; PRIVACY, etc. Once you determine the order of necessity, them you can determine what type home you want. Again I stress, if privacy is a BIG issue for you, a courtyard villa will give you that but the largest ones I have seen are only 3 bedroom with two baths.

I love my villa and I love Tall Trees as a neighborhood.

Hope you find something that you love as much. :2cool: