View Single Post

Old 11-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
I do get why Kohls has that policy - it makes sense. If you get something for $10 using a $10 Kohls cash, the item is free. They give you back the difference usually. At least that's what they've done for me.

I never had a problem at Bealls. If an item was $10 and I had a 10% off coupon, it cost me $9. When I returned it, I got back $9 - what I had paid for it.

I'm truly amazed to hear of both of these situations. These situations almost don't seem legal.
Diane, I believe some are mixing the premise "Kohl's Dollars" vs actual US currency dollars. Kohl's Dollars are, in essence, a store credit and not cash that one is being rewarded with after making qualifying purchases. Therefore, if an item that was purchased with Kohl's Dollars is returned, the returnee is entitled to another use of that store credit. Stores are not about to compensate people with cash at this point, it would seriously dilute their profits and those are slim enough these days.

I love having a 30% off Kohl's coupon and then using my "Kohl's Dollars". I've made some nice purchases with great savings.

Another thought for Happinow; if we have no immediate use for those Kohl's Dollars, we send them on to our children so they can enjoy the savings for themselves or their children. That is a win-win for us!