View Single Post

Old 07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Sage
Default Re: Life in the Villages--is it as great as everyione seems to say it is?

ouma....if you'll be here for up to a week, you'll get a good flavor. Just talk to people. Go to neighborhood (adult) pools and talk to residents...I found that a great source of information when I was considering buying and now return that by sharing experiences with others. Rent a golf cart for a day or several days to get the feel of navigating around via golf cart. It really is a wonderful place...not 100% perfect but pretty darn close. Negatives...can get a little busy in Jan-Mar with traffic, restaurants, golf; lightning storms; population is growing faster than we can get new doctors in here so takes a while to get an appt and most of them get off schedule pretty fast.

wharton...for a one day trip- take the trolley tour to get the once over; again, talk to people even just around the town squares. Lots of Midwesterners here (probably more of them than Northeasters) from Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana. -- you'll feel right at home. I'm sure there is an Indiana club.

To both of you...good luck.