View Single Post

Old 11-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
Is anyone having trouble with people walking in golf cart tunnels? All of a sudden I have many instances of people walking out in front of our cart while driving through a tunnel. What is the rule? Especially teenagers walking through the 466 tunnel going to Southern Trace. They are walking 5 or 6 abreast and you come in to the tunnel out of the sun and it is dark. I am so afraid someone is going to get hurt. Is it okay for them to be walking through the tunnels? I suspect NOT.
The CR466 western tunnel is especially dangerous with kids from the Charter School going through to Southern Trace and back again. As Cromlich stated, they sometimes walk 5 or 6 abreast. Like most teenagers, they are more concerned about chatting and kidding with each other, than about their safety.

Other than proceeding through the tunnels at a snails pace, I really don't know what else can be done. It seems to me that the students would be safer crossing CR 466 at the stoplight above the tunnel. However as many previous posters have pointed out, the students have a right to use the tunnels. The tunnels are meant to be shared.