View Single Post

Old 07-22-2007, 04:06 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Life in the Villages--is it as great as everyione seems to say it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJW
The Villages is fine if you are NOT a single female, do not play golf or own a golf cart and have to work part time. I find it very lonely and I have been here 1 1/2 years.
Guess I should have been a baton twirler in my earlier life!
Uh-oh. Not yet a resident, but plan to be in late '08. I too am a single female and have wondered about this. (I don't share most of your other descriptives, however.)

I'm not really seeking "the man of my dreams" (in all honesty I think I prefer to have "the man" for the next 2 to 5 years and then move on).

Are you implying that you've not met any friends (male or female) to just "hang" with for just plain socializing (going to movies, for a drink or dinner)?

Do you attend the Market Square events, or put yourself "out there" in order to meet people to share fun times with? Or, are you more reserved and therefore less likely to easily meet people? I'm not asking in order to judge you. That's not my intent nor my way. I'm just curious so that I can figure out what I may be facing when I relocate to TV. I can be quite shy myself, but I also have my moments when I can be outgoing and will approach others in conversation in order to attempt making a friend. What attempts have you made to make friends?