View Single Post

Old 07-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Default Re: Gas or Electric Golf Cart

We purchased an electric club car that gets approximately 60 miles on a charge. It is quiet and there is no gas smell which is why we chose it. We are centrally located and have gone from one end of TV to the other with no problem. There have been a few instances where we were tooling around a lot and were starting to run out of juice. We also are fortunate that we do own two golf carts and have the option of stopping home and switching. We purchased a used one to have when our kids come to visit. I think we might have switched carts only a couple of times so we don't feel it would be worth the extra hassel to have a gas cart. If you are going golfing and then out to eat and stopping at the grocery store on your way home you shouldn't have any problem with an electric cart. You will have plenty of power left. It really will depend on your own travel patterns. I have heard they have now come up with solar panels for the carts. Now that is something I would be interested in learning about.