View Single Post

Old 07-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Need Golf Cart Advice - on Gas or Electric and Brand etc

Just bought a Ranch house in Caroline and will be needing a golf cart in December or Jan. As snow birds and only expect to be in the house 3 to 4 mts a yr. We just took up golf (executive courses - so far ) so we expect to use it for a far amount of golf as well as some general transportation. We have been told that electrics are a problem if we aren't there all year to maintain them since the batteries can't be kept on a charger. We have also been told that with the Villages expanding electrics will have a problem with the distance from one end to the other but we are about in the middle (Caroline). I've also heard ( from dealers ) that the only brands to buy are Club Car, EZGo or Yamaha and to stay away from the others. I would prefer electric due to less noise and no smell but the battery life and range seem like a real issue against them. I also would like an easy cover to close for those cool Winter nights. Also wonder about how good the remanufactured carts are I see advertised from most dealers. I would also like a faster one - the ones I rented haved been SLOOOOOW. Any advice on tires, I hear some wear out quickly and not sure if its the cart or the tires.

WOW thats a lots of questions ! Any first hand experience and advice ? Thanks !