View Single Post

Old 07-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Founder
Default Re: Need Golf Cart Advice - on Gas or Electric and Brand etc

We have an electric Columbia Par Car and love it. There is no reason to stay away from the brand. I do not know the effect on batteries if they are left unattended for a period of time. A friend of mine has a neighbor who is gone for six or more months and he leaves his cart unplugged and seems to get alone just fine.

As far as I am concerned, I drive my car to the far away golf courses and rent a cart or walk. (yes I walk the 18 hold courses). I know some can't do that. But it is easier to rent a cart than to spend 45 minutes driving my own cart. I do believe that I would have plenty of power to do so. I bought a gas Yamaha at first, but sold it due to what I considered noise and odor. The guy who bought it loves it. He is a friend of mine.

Regarding speed. The rental carts are slow. The cart you buy (unless souped up) should go about 18-20 miles per hour. Remember the speed limit for carts is 20. There is a strict law against altering, or increasing the speed of carts, yet many people do it. Speed is one thing. Stopping is another. The brake systems are not designed to stop the vehicle safely over 20 miles per hour.