View Single Post

Old 07-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Default Re: Is it better to buy from a Villages agent or an independant broker?

My advice would be to see houses with both Villages AND outside realtors. Ask LOTS of questions. Villages realtors seem to give only a rosy view, while outside sales people may be a bit more objective. My sister-in-law was looking for a house here, and the Villages realtor took us to many lovely homes, but only talked price, didn't like me mentioning the bond, etc.
Although new homes are now being sold deeply discounted, many existing homes have thousands of dollars of upgrades and improvements already done (drapery hardware, landscaping, water softening systems, paver driveways, etc.), plus should have lower, or paid off, bond balance.
Also remember, location, location, location. New homes are all south of 466, and are a lot further from Spanish Springs, 441 shopping/restaurants, so if that's important to you, consider the time and expense of traveling the extra distance. And if you are a golfer, note how far you are from many of the championship courses. Will that be a problem for you if you live so far south? Only you can answer that.
I used both Villages and an outside realtor, ended up buying from outside. I had a good experience with both, and found the house of my dreams, but it wasn't in the Villages realtor's pool of houses.
Good luck!!!