View Single Post

Old 07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Has anyone just bought......

By all means, rent for a bit and follow the very good advice that is in the posts above. At this point, I'd recommend that you consider Sumter County which is basically the area south of 466. I am not sure that I completely agree that the Villages has "bottomed out" because this place is very unique plus it's located in the Ocala region which is actually projected to have an increase in housing values (the only area in Florida to do this outside of Key West) in 2007 and 2008. Not that the increase is big, but it isn't crashing down like Sarasota and other areas. If you like what you find, then you should consider buying and renting the property until such time as you make the move. If you purchase wisely, i.e., a good property well located with some privacy and good views, you won't go wrong.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC