View Single Post

Old 07-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Default Re: Organizational Structure of The Villages Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB
I have always been interested in the organization which is developing The Villages. I understand the operation and responsibilities of the two Districts which is a quasi government structure that administers the services in The Villages. I am more interested in the corporated structure of the developer. Is it a closed or public corporation? Who are the stockholders? Is the Properties of The Villages, Citizens Bank, the Insurance Company, trust company, The Furniture Stores, newspaper, television station, etc. all part of the developer corporation? Does the parent company own various construction companies which build the housing units, the town centers, shopping centers, etc.

Can anyone share their information on the developers organization.?
Not sure if this will provide an avenue for you to find the answers to your questions but I believe the Offering Plan provided at closing contains a lot of information on how the Villages was developed. The offering plan is around 3" thick printed on 8.5x11 paper. It does contain audits and on one from 1990 it states The Company, with the consent of its shareholders, has elected under the Internal Revenue Code to be an S Corporation. On a different audit it mentions The Lazy B Cattle Venture Ltd. was formed in 1991 as a retirement program for members of The Villages' management team.
I have read the complete offering with information provided only up to our year of closing and found parts of it to be rather interesting. I don't pretend to understand the majority of it but perhaps you will by reading yours. I have to say I admire the developers or their advisors on their ingenuity in developing this beautiful development. I wish them only the best.