View Single Post

Old 11-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Loved the ending!!!

I wonder if Michigan would have gone for the extra point and the tie - who would have won in overtime? I think it was a bad decision of the Michigan coach to go for 2. Maybe you would be as unhappy as Alabama if he would have done the right thing.

But then that is the way the game goes.

Z
Can't agree the Michigan coach did not do the "right thing". He was going for the win and the astute announcer opined that it was because he was convinced his defense could not stop the Ohio State run game in overtime. That sounds like good coaching to me -assessing all the options and choosing what he thought was best at the time. On the other hand, the Alabama special teams coach seemed to have been completely asleep on the last play. As was said, he "put out all the fat guys" even though a short field goal runback was one of only a couple of things that could have happened.

The most fun of all was the replay of the final play done by the local Auburn radio announcer. That's two games in a row I can't understand how the guy didn't have a coronary!