View Single Post

Old 12-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default Beef O'Bradys and the Auburn win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Thank goodness the windows were closed in our house. I was screaming so loud the neighbors would have called 911 if they'd heard! What a great game!
While my food was in plain sight, I was waiting for a Beef O'Brady's take-out order pick-up when this Touchdown! occurred. The waitress was getting drinks and stuff while I waited and waited and then she told me that she had to restart the credit card. Not sure what that meant but she did leave the credit card where I could see it while she went into the back. I waited a few more minutes it seemed and then the Auburn Touchdown happened. Still rather quiet in the Beef O'Brady's though. I did hear one guy yell out about the Auburn team. Must have been a lot of Alabama fans in that Beef O'Brady's at Southern Trace Shopping Center??

They were very good dinners, however. And we had a $3 off coupon.

I saw the Auburn winning Touchdown a few more times on the many screens around the walls at Beef O'Brady's.

A woman came out to the parking lot near my vehicle while I was processing what I had just witnessed just sitting in my car. Inside Beef O'Brady's it was kind of like being on display while they fuddled around with processing drink orders while my take out orders were just sitting there. The lady customer from Beef O'Brady's was smiling as she approached the U of Miami Florida golf cart near my vehicle.

I call these my Truman Show moments. They have been becoming more and more common here in the Villages for me.