View Single Post

Old 07-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Default Re: Trying to Sell Your Home

Az2fla,

Wow, you make all the sense in the world!! Unfortunately. :'(

Now our house is listed at the price that is consistant with what other homes have listed for in other parts of the Denver area... But the problem for us..even though our home is unique and larger than others around us...we have only lived in it 9 years. So, we do not have a lot of equity in it. Those that are selling around us are pricing way way below us because they have such a low mortgage. Why buy our "higher end" home when you can buy those around ours so inexpensively and put everything we have in ours into their new home and still come out way ahead!

We maybe could come down a bit more if the TV homes would sell for a much lower price also. Just don't see it happening yet!!

When I went through the HUD epidemic in the 80's, I had just purchased a townhome in Aurora (I know, I know) for $65,000. Less than 1 year later you could have picked up the same model around the corner from me (HUD) for $32,000. I sold when I met my husband in 1999 and it sold in 1 day at the price of $95,000.