View Single Post

Old 07-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Default Re: Trying to Sell Your Home

Darbyduff,

I believe that you, like Oshunluva and Teddy (on another thread), will be letting us all know that you have successfully sold your home and will be heading East for The Villages. Fortunately, the homes in TV are all so similar that you should be able to negotiate a fair price. Try not to "fall in love" with any one house. Remember that it IS just a house and not a home. There are sellers in TV just as motivated as sellers in Aurora. Many have made a spectacular profit. Set a price you're unwilling to go above and stick with it. Remember that you have discounted your home and expect the same on the other side of the equation. Some people will, under NO circumstances, take less than they believe their home is worth. They'll be seeing strangers walking through their home for a long time to come. What is so great about TV and the people who live there is that very few seem to need a "special" house to impress their neighbors. They all have great fun together in the Rec. Centers, the driveway parties, the Town Squares, Katie Belle's, should I keep going?? In other words, these folk have it all together. The house is strictly for shelter and peace and quiet after a night out on the town. In charity I ask: so what if, as you have said, you have a "higher end home" in Aurora. Much of your entertaining with friends and family took place in that home. In The Villages entertaining is quite often enjoyed elsewhere.

The Villages is, indeed, a "Lifestyle". I think you and your husband will be celebrating that "lifesyle" real soon. Hey, it won't belong before Aurora is a pleasant memory.
:bigthumbsup: