View Single Post

Old 07-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Default Re: Organizational Structure of The Villages Developer

Your suggestion about going to the CDD seminars held every Thursday is good advice. I have attended this meeting twice now. They are very good in describing the organizational structure and Quasi government responsibilities of the two Districts. As you may know, the Districts are separate from the Developer organization. I would like to know more about the structure, organizational structure and scope of the developer of TV. During the two CDD meetings I have attended, I asked about the Developer and got the same evasive and non informative answer I have received when I asked others I thought would know. I am beginning to think the organizational structure of the developer and the companies they own or control is a deep dark secret. The fact no one has answered my original question on this subject sort of substantiates my opinion. I suspect the developer owns and/or controls Citizens Bank, Citizens Mortgage, The Trust Company, Properties of The Villages, Southern Style Furniture, movie houses, the insurance company, many or all of the contractors building houses and retail buildings, shopping centers, the law offices handling house closings, restaurants, entertainment division, Country Clubs, catering operations, etc. I also suspect they control the management and operation of the two Districts which operates and owns the recreation centers. In other words: they control most everything in TV. I must say, "they" do a very good job and I love living in TV. I just would like to know "whose on first and whats on second."