View Single Post

Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Send a message via ICQ to dpingram
Exclamation 1st Cart Rental

Word of mouth is a powerful tool and I can only hope that we as a community can put 1st Cart Rental out of business.
I called 1st Cart Rental in October for a rental during Thanksgiving. His first response was "I don't have any 4 seaters left." I said that was fine because I only want a 2 seater. On the day of delivery he brings me a 4 seater like he was doing me a favor. My son said it would be ok so I wrote the $75.00 check.
I should have checked it out before I wrote the check. The cart was a piece of junk and dirty. I had to clean the cooler with clorax. The enclosure did not cover the back seat so what good is a 4 seater if you are going to get wet and freeze to death! We played golf on Wednesday and as it was cold and windy my son put down the enclosure. Of course as he zipped down the zipper pulled away from the plastic. We stitched it back together! That night we discovered that the cart only had 1 headlight. The cart was slow and it back-fired every time he stopped.
On the day of pick-up I had an appointment so I made a list of the "problems" with the cart, then I decided to call. I explained everything to him and his response was "Well, don't rent from me." I assured him I wouldn't and reminded him that word of mouth can be a powerful tool. He started mouthing off so I hung up.
When he came to pick up the cart my husband went out with the list and told him "Here is a list of some things you should take care of on the cart".
My husband then told him that he did not like his attitude when I had called him. His response was "Like I give a " but stopped himself. My husband told him to get his cart off our property.
I pulled up my bank statement to see who the check was made out to (he told me he would fill it in). The name on the check is Richard Castonsvay.