View Single Post

Old 07-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Default Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Getting a Trader Joe's would be WONDERFUL!!! We move to our home in TV next fall and we have contacted both Trader Joe's (TJ) and TV to ask that they please talk to each other to work out a store in TV. TV says that TJs has to call them first. TJs says TV has to call them first. I hope TV will take the initiative and contact TJs. TJs could not offer a store in the Southeast until they opened their distribution center in Atlanta, which they have done this past year. However, Trader Joe's is in such demand, I suspect they have all the major metropolitan areas beating down their doors, begging them to locate a store nearby. I am still hopeful that TV will recognize how many Villagers miss TJs, and take the first step and contact TJs. Just look at the consistent thread of notes about Trader Joe's in the messages below.

Who is the best person at TV to get this word to? Trader Joe's is something so many people would benefit from. For the person who asked, Trader Joe's calls itself a 'specialty grocery' store. Everything is unique, delicious and many items are at wonderful prices. We love their "Two Buck Chuck" wine - a CA wine made by Charles Shaw. By the time it makes it to the east coast, shipping has raised the price to $3.29, but an incredible value for a quite good wine. Love their desserts, sesame honey coated cashews, $2 boxes of cereal, huge bouquets of flowers (more than twice what we can get at the grocery store for $4) for $5.99, gourmet cheeses, cinnamon coated almonds, and so many other things that just aren't available at a regular grocery store. Lettuce, beer, wine, specialty cheeses, half and half, veggie and birds nest tempura (frozen), orange chicken (frozen), Taquitos & soft tacos (frozen), broccoli & cheese quiche (frozen0, boneless pork chops (fresh), bananas and clementies are regular items I will find it very hard to live without or to have to pay higher grocery store prices.

I see so many notes below about people's love of Trader Joe's. How can we organize ourselves and make our desires know to the appropriate people at TV? Any suggestions?