View Single Post

Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Rumor--Design Center Returning

We were probably one of the last people who were able to modify our home and select the flooring, counter, etc. I used to call the Design Center "The Street without Joy" rather than the House 0f Dreams because you went in there and came out $100,000 or so poorer but, hey, the house looks great. I was amazed when arrogance and greed shut down the Design Centers. There is absolutely NO ONE that we know who bought after that time that would not have preferred to have selected or individualize their houses. I always thought that The Villages took an excellent business model and screwed it up. This was done in the heyday of selling 500 houses a month before the housing market stumbled. It was a mistake and a lapse in business judgment. They should restore the design center and I will guarantee that sales will pick up.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC