View Single Post

Old 08-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Founder
Default Re: Animals in public places

Quote:
Originally Posted by needleptdoc
sounds like you are ready for the nursing home. I guess you don't like to hear the birds sing in the morning either.
I am curious why you would post such a pointed remark to an individual who was voicing an opinion. Are you in favor of letting all animals roam free in public places? Please take a moment and tell us all, which animals should be allowed in public places and which ones should not be. I have a friend who has a pet monkey. He takes it everywhere with him. The monkey has bitten three people, including an infant. Recently a small dog "that would never hurt anybody" viciously attacked my daughters neighbor. She was injured very seriously. Until recently, we had a young woman in our employ. She had a 10 inch scar on her right cheek, from the end of her eye to her chin. It was caused by a neighborhood dog "that would never hurt anybody." Just before we moved from New York, our neighbors dog bolted from the front porch and lunged at me as I was riding past on my bicycle. The dog knocked both me and the bike over onto the pavement. The owner was on the porch yelling for the dog to stop, because...."This is the first time the dog ever did anything like that......She would never hurt anybody."

So, please give us the guidelines. I want to know which ones are safe and which ones are not safe.