View Single Post

Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 PM
n/a

Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Well I've been embroiled in some blood boiling give and take on this thread, so I'll just add an additional two cents of my opinion. I would like to see both sides of the congress kicked out and sent home. This will surprise some of the readers. The current crop of politicos on both sides have only one objective and that's to get reelected. I believe this is at the root of the illegal immigration problem. Both sides are afraid of alienating the hispanic vote and will do nothing about the border because it might cost them some votes. Another pet peeve is the politician that changes his/her stripes because of the polls. There are some republicans who originally backed Bush and now that the media has us believing that's an unpopular stance, they switch their stance. I feel strongly that you either stand on principal or you don't. You don't check which way the wind is blowing and fly with the breeze. These people are on both sides of the aisle and they sicken me. I think Joe Lieberman stands tall in congress. He holds his principals and doesn't waver. The current crop of what I consider failures at what they were (I should say should have been) elected for politicize everything. Today, they're politicizing the bridge collapse in Minnesota. How disgusting. We're in a war that threatens us like no other war in our lifetimes, and the leader of the senate states the war is lost. Washington is a mess. Where is a politician who has the country's interst at heart? Can anyone name one? I think and I repeat I think Newt does, but I'm not sure. I don't believe any of the others do. It's a sad state of affairs.