View Single Post

Old 08-03-2007, 02:01 PM
n/a

Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ
Hillary, Obama, Edwards, Gingrich, Thompson, Guiliani, Romney.....

For me the concern is not who's going to be president, but who are going to be the 7,000+ political appointees who will fill every position from Secretary of State to assistant-anything within the Federal (whatever) Commission.

If you really want a shock, google the term "Plum Book" to see where all of these positions are. The President, winning party, and a bunch "select" folk will determine who actually is involved in the day-to-day activities of all levels of federal government - and the qualifications for a large number of these folk to hold these positions seems in direct proportion to the number of hours committed to the winning campaign or monetary contribution to the party or both.

So, I'm hoping the day will come a Presidential candidate will have the guts to state DURING THE CAMPAIGN who s/he plans to appoint to the key positions listed in the Plum Book. That action would really demonstrate which promises will be kept, which platform planks will be followed, and what kind of administration will actually happen. Until that time, I keep my eyes on who supports whom, because that's the only way I can have an idea who will be in the key government positions after the inauguration.
WELL... The current IDIOT in charge has really made a lot of BAD choices... I think Obahma might just be a change agent ... GOD KNOWS who ever is elected is a million times better than who is running our country ( CHENEY / BUSH and of course the Supreme Conservative Court).

SEE YOU ALL AT THE POLLS.. no chads or supreme court this time...