View Single Post

Old 12-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Sage
Question Farm raised fish vs wild

I suggested to my friend that we should go to Sam St. John's Seafood Restaurant again, like we did last December. Later, I realized I never did find out if the flounder was farm raised or wild. I don't want farm raised anymore; my friend doesn't care as long as the food tastes good.

So I called the Restaurant and the woman who answered the phone said she didn't know. I asked her if I would be able to find out and she said I could ask the server when I come in. That's nice! We pick out a restaurant and may have to get up and walk out if the flounder is farm raised. Or, maybe not if my friend is eager for the flounder. In that case, I have to try to find something that is wild. And I have a feeling that anything wild is going to be a lot more expensive. The baked flounder, all you can eat, with a couple of side dishes, is $10.00. Very reasonable. Therefore, I suppose I shouldn't even have to ask if it's farm raised.

I then called Red Lobster to see if their fish is wild. A man answered and, without hesitation, said most of their fish is farm raised. Haddock was the one exception at $17.99. That's what I suspected; anything wild is going to be much more expensive, and I'm a thrifty ol' geezer who doesn't want to spend that much. I'm not even sure if I would like Haddock anyway.

This leads me to believe that there's no such thing as a healthy (wild) fish dinner that's going to be under about $18. If it's over $12, I would rather buy it in the supermarket and cook it at home.

Now I either have to talk her out of going there or else I would have to find something on the menu other than fish. What can I order in a seafood place other than fish? I don't suppose they have any vegan meals, do they? (I'm not interested in a high sodium vegan burger.)

I think I would rather go to Subway.

Last edited by Villages PL; 12-19-2013 at 12:37 PM.